Home


Wednesday, February 1, 2012

An Ode to 2011




I’ve never been one for journaling or scrapbooking so I am hoping this can serve the function of both. Let me quickly recap 2011 before becoming better about documenting 2012 and beyond.

2011 was a great year for so many reasons, but I will name just a few:
-I graduated with my Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration and Student Affairs in May! Yay M.Ed.
-I rediscovered running. Many 5Ks, community races, and miles on the treadmill. The best was probably Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston (1:02) which was the farthest race I have ever run. (Here's to hoping this March I break 1 hour!) 13 road races in 2011!
-I GOT A JOB! A real one, one that allows me to pay bills, enter races, buy ingredients to try to cook tasty meals, and visit friends. Not only that, but it is my dream job at that allowed me to stay in South Carolina.
-I was able to watch my little sister graduate under the oaks at my alma mater, Elon University. Talk about special.
-CHICAGO. I was able to travel to meet up with my parents in a city that I have been dying to visit for years. It did not disappoint. Pizza- yum.
-I was able to be a part of some of my best friend’s weddings. Such special days to see my best buds find their true loves. Also discovered Pinterest which has allowed me to pretend that I am even remotely close to wedding planning.
-Teaching University 101. The opportunity to guide 22 incoming USC students was one of the most meaningful experiences I have ever had. I was blessed with an amazing class and learned as much from them as they did from me.
-YOGA. Changed my life for the better. After being told to try it a million times, I finally caved and I'm so glad I did.
-Reunions near and far. From beach weekends, trips home to Shrewsbury, visitors to Columbia, going to Elon Homecoming, and ASCA & ACPA conferences, I was able to reconnect with many of the people that mean the most to me.

2011, you were great but 2012 is already looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment