Home


Saturday, February 11, 2012

the little things

I just finished reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, which I would highly recommend! Iloved her approach of taking on a few small projects each month to make her life happier so that when times got tough she had a solid foundation. Today I was cleaning out our files and inside one was an excerpt from the book 14,000 things to be happy about... it made me smile in the middle of a long day. I've been keeping a gratitude journal for a while now but I think that sharing the little things in life that make us smile is so important and is what I hope to do with this blog. In the last year I have really started to appreciate the little things in life and not be so stressed out all the time.

A few of the things that made me smile this weekend include:
-Celebrating AC's birthday at Cellar on Greene- who doesn't love to close out a work week with colleagues, friends, and a glass of Chardonnay
-Celebrating my friend Candice becoming a licensed psychologist! Cantina 76, The Big Ugly, and Art Bar provided us with quite a fun night!
-Cleaning my apartment from top to bottom! My parents visit next week and with being out of town for the last month, it desperately needed it
- 27 Dresses was on TV. Story of my life and I love it.
-Tonight I am going to have dinner with college friends, Alex & Carey which is always fun

An advisor in college used to always send us a QOTD, which at the time drove me crazy because it filled my inbox but now I have become a huge quote person and this one makes me smile- Happy Saturday!

what this world needs is a new kind of army- the army of the kind. cleveland amory

No comments:

Post a Comment